Old 06-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #8
VortX
VortX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Now for the second part, you have to engage mind and solve a logic problem:

What is now labeled as 'Reset' translates to: 'Reset (to factory defaults)'
What part of Mobileread add-ins are part of the factory defaults?
Dude. Easy, please. What part of installing a new Firmware is not replacing the installed files with factory ones? Why would I then keep the JB?

Let me explain my logic. Maybe I am making the wrong analogy here but to my (apparently illogical to you) mind they are similar. I am used to updating the firmware (ROM) on Android smartphones. When you do this, you make the custom ROM your new factory firmware. If you then "Reset to factory settings", you lose nothing, you are just cleaning up your device.

Also, if you root your device and make factory reset, you don't lose the root.

If you, however root your device and then upgrade with a new OTA release from the manufacturer, then in 90% of the cases lose the root.

So, it basically works the opposite way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You can not jail break a PW-1 runing 5.6.1.1, but you can downgrade it to 5.4.3.2 (which is what the PW1 jb instructions have you do).
Actually, the instructions for PW1 are to downgrade to 5.3.3 and if you read my first post you will see that this is what I did.

Again - please stop trying to make other people (me) look stupid. I will not answer any more posts in this regard.

And thanks again for the support

Last edited by VortX; 06-10-2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: forgot to say thanks :)
VortX is offline   Reply With Quote