View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 02:31 AM   #73
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taltman711 View Post
Try this:
Put the scripts in c:\python. Forget the subfolders.
Call up the command prompt and put in cd c:\python and hit the enter key. Run mobidedrm or which ever version of mobidedrm you have.
You are running python 2.5*, aren't you??
What do you mean when you say "try to conver my PC ID"? Are you trying to get your computer PID? Run Mobipocket Reader--just about any version--and it will give it to you. Best if you can get 6.0 if you are running XP, but 6.2, the most current, will work fine. Free Download.

Tim
I do have my PC's registration number which I tried to use to convert .prc
and Command Prompt said that the command was not recognized. I also tried to use the number from my iPaq, which is the device that I bought the books for, again not recognized. I have three devices in Mobipocket: PC, iPaq and Kindle. The "*" is stripped from the Kindle.
I have Python 2.5.2 in my Programs(have looked in Add/Delete).
Went in Command Prompt typed in: c:\python....does not recognize it.
Have been having some help from a very kind person on Mobileread, but my computer has a curse put on it. Just about ready to throw in the towel(not really).