View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #13
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Just FYI: there is a "Kindlet jailbreak" available, which provides Kindlets with the ability to access all classes (not just the ones whitelisted by amazon), and also allows to read/write files anywhere on the device, use Runtime.exec() etc.

I'm using exactly this for my KT font hack, but I initially developed it for the K3 (so I know it's also working on the K3).

Samples and source code are here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163358

Maybe it could be useful

PS: On the K3 the classpath is alphabetically ordered, so you don't even need to replace the original json_simple*.jar. You could simply put the file into /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ with a name that is "smaller" than json_simple, for instance "jailbreak-backend.jar", or "AAA.jar", or... you get the idea.

Last edited by ixtab; 03-05-2012 at 04:49 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote