View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 10:07 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Is audio books a new feature from Spotify? I can find nothing about audiobooks on their web site.
Open the app --> Browse --> Genres & Moods --> Word

I have no idea how long they've offered this and I don't know if these "books" are available for the free version or not. I currently have a free premium 3-month trial that won't end until 03 Aug.

I certainly wouldn't pay just to get access to this limited audio collection. It's not worth paying for.

For the most part, these "books" appear to be abridged public domain works. Some are dramatized, complete with sound effects. Great for commutes, short trips, kids, etc. So far, I haven't encountered any LibriVox recordings.

They're organized in 74 playlists by various categories: author, genre, type, etc:

Sample Categories
  • Shakespeare
  • Once Upon a Time
  • Scary Stories
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Learn Languages
  • Science Fiction
  • Sci-Fi Radio Dramas
  • Radio Crime Dramas
  • Poetry & Music
  • French Literature

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-16-2016 at 10:35 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote