Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #535
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Probably every child in Britain grows up on a staple reading diet of Enid Blyton books - at least they did in my generation . Her creations - "The Famous Five", "The Secret Seven", etc, are part of our culture, they are so well known. Is she really not known in other countries?
I absolutely adore Enid Blyton...read everything of hers until they fell apart, then begged for new copies. I am in the US, but was living and in school in Freeport (Grand Bahama) for a number of years, so was privy to more British authors than might have been the case otherwise.

Ohhh...for the midnight feasts at Malory Towers and St. Clares...and all the lovely times at Mistletoe Farm. <sniff> I'm quite nostalgic now.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote