View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Duplicate library mess

Hello,
Some months ago I apparently decided to change the location of the library (at the time must have seemed like a good idea...). Of course I promptly forgot it and managed to add books into whichever one was open.
Now I have 2 libraries with lot of duplicates, but probably both have some entries with just metadata.opf.
As I understand, I have to select like 10-100 books from lib2 and right-click 'copy to lib1'.

How can I be sure duplicates are really the same file?
What happens when some books are just metadata files?

I did try 'check database integrity' on both libraries, but folders with no books remained.

Then I have folder named 'David Drake - RCN 05' in lib1, but there's no author with such name in the Calibre! How to force Calibre to see it?

And, lib2 shows in book details panel always format, but lib1 is very erratic. I can understand it in case of just metadata file, but some books have pdf and jpg files in a folder, still no format info in the panel.

Thank you!
travger is offline   Reply With Quote