View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by archpope View Post
I can't really find any information specific to my device (Hanlin V3) but I would think that it would work the same. This guide was the closest thing to idiot-proof that I could find, but it still didn't work.

File "D:\Downloads\DRM Removal Package\mobipocket\mobiDeDRM005.py", line 22
print "Bad key length!"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Are you running Python 2.6? Python 3.0 does not work.

The MOBI ebooks are not device specific, except for the PID, so a Hanlin V3 should be ok. Also, you can use the PID from your Windows PC if you like, since mobidedrm removes the DRM anyway.

If all you want to do is get the MOBI working on your Hanlin, then there should be no need to strip the DRM. Most sites let you register multiple PIDs (typically up to 4). So register both the Windows and the Hanlin PID, then redownload the ebook. This copy should work "as is" on your Hanlin.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote