View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 08:27 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As you noted with Moon+, quite a few Android renderers go their own way and do their own thing. Basically for ePubs that I create, I test on several programs (ADE in several versions and Thorium are the main ones under Windows, Kobo and Pocketbook on mobile devices) and on a couple of hardware eInk ePub ereaders. I also convert to Amazon's AZW3 format and check how that works on Kindles apps and a Kindle eInk device.

I've tested on several Android ePub renderers set to use publisher CSS and the results have been non-optimal (looks like crap might be a better way to phrase it).

Please note that if you use ePub 3, there are quite a few renderers and devices that still do not handle enough of the ePub 3 spec to look good. For the most part, I just try to keep the CSS as simple as possible.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote