View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
The extent of my experience with this author is his brief spoof in The Simpsons. It's the episode where he shows up with a bag over his head, the bag has a question mark painted on it

Anyway -- I'm going away on Monday and then again in March. So, I figure I'll have a lot of time to read. And I think I want to expand my horizons a bit. So, that's the reason behind my spamalot posts tonight

Anyway -- I was at Barnes and Noble today and my eye caught the cover of "Innocent Vice" and then I found it available as an eBook (Only on Sony, not on Amazon, isn't that interesting?)

So I read the cover copy and it seems interesting enough. I've already dabbled in the more "literary" masters and been horribly depressed (see my take on Cormac McCarthy and "The Road.") I think I'm open to new suggestions again though.

So what do you all think of Pynchon? Or anything similar

Thanks for this information. I'm buying it now.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote