View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #41
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is a difference between changing an Icon and just changing the Look of an Icon.
There is a conundrum: Icon: An enduring symbol
You know, I have always thought that "icon" was an arrogantly self-important choice of names for these things.

I remember taking driver's ed back in the '80, when the public-at-large was not familiar with computer GUI terms.

The teacher asked us what the common name was for the indicator lights on car dashboards, like the little oil lamp and the light bulb symbols. I guessed "icon" since I was a computer geek.
He scoffed and said "An icon is a religious image! The indicators are called 'idiot lights'."

"Icon" vs. "idiot light." There's a political dichotomy for you.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 06-14-2013 at 09:22 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote