View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #12
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditorOne View Post
Thanks, Albert and Hitch.
I have searched for the original post that I read--stupidly, I didn't copy the poster's info, just the text. But, that said, I completely redid my stylesheet to eliminate all of the msword and caliber crap that filled it with useless codes that did nothing. My "clean" stylesheet validates at W3C CSS Validator: "This document validates as CSS level 3 !"

The epub converts on Kindle Previewer and shows up on Kindle Devices as laid out. On my own Nook device and on ADE it is changed. See screenshots (if I uploaded them correctly--if not, I'll try again). Anyway, on ADE and the Nook the text is flush left, ragged right, space between each paragraph, no indentations. Converted for Kindle (KF8 and mobi), the text appears exactly as designed in the style sheet: first paragraph, not indented, subsequent paragraphs indented, spaces created with padding before and after headings.

I have ebooks from BN on my Nook that have the layout I am trying to get. I've gotten books from Gutenberg and pirated CSS from them, but it still doesn't show properly in my own previewing. Should I just take a chance that when my client uploads to BN it will work?
I tested W3C CSS Validator using a css with no errors and then deleted a semi-colon in the css, passed css validator, but showed the same results in ADE that you have.
ADE will fail on missing semi-colons.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote