View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
@Hitch,
Thanks for confirming that. As I said, it seemd improbable, but, who was it who said "Many things are too strange to be believed, but nothing is too strange to be true"?

Albert
Albert:

Oh, hell. Nooks and ADE have done many strange things in my time making ebooks; e.g., the infamous "hypenate when you run out of room, not when you have an opportune syllable for headers" problem. That was a doozy. And who'da thunk that? On this one, however, I have not seen any indication that files 'change' when sideloaded to a Nook device nor when uploaded at the NookPress f/k/a PubIt Platform; I can confirm that. A goodly chunk of our clients have their books only up on Amazon, and either did not upload to or subsequently removed from sale, books on B&N, but we probably still have somewhere in the vicinity of 800-1,000 books up there. I would have expected to have heard something about dramatically changing formats by now, at least once, if this had a device- or platform-based cause, other than, something invalid in the ss. That's my thinking, anyway. ;-0

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote