View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #17
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What I can't understand is why anyone would include it in the limited number of factory fonts. It's like those odd fonts that make up most of the free font packages. The fonts no one in the possession of a moiety of their senses would use for more than a couple of words. Filler, at best. A decent monospaced font would have been a better choice. Courier Dark is my current choice for a monospaced font since it looks good on a eInk display but a factory version with the advanced settings would be nice.

Regards,
David
I have two friends who are dyslexic and whole they would agree with the other comment that the weight hasn't been modified enough for an eInk screen, it still makes reading significantly easier for them; far more so than any traditional monospaced font would. To just label it filler seems a little ignorant to me. I say kudos to Kobo for including it; it's made their device accessible for two people I know.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote