View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #88
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I'm not saying there is no effect. But when an effect is asserted, there needs to be evidence for that effect. Advertisers don't operate on assumptions, they place their ads based on evidence. They advertise, and they see increased sales. They tailor their messages to certain groups based on the evidence. I'm open to evidence on the claimed negative effects.

We can sue for false advertising, because an ad is a promise. If an ad says that hot dogs are $1.00 each, and I show up and they are $5.00 each, I've been lied to. Fiction is different. A book of fiction can feature people living on Venus, and the fact that Venus is too hot for life doesn't matter, it's fiction.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote