View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #50
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftail View Post
I have an even better solution. All you need to do is create an empty device_info.xml in /mnt/us/diagnostic_logs/ (that's where all the diagnostics results are saved) and the Kindle will disable and exit diagnostics gracefully (and will even populate the file with some info). After successfully rebooting, the diagnostic_logs folder can be safely deleted.

I will do some more experiments just to see exactly which diagnostic option has created the file in the first place later (I feel that at the moment, my Kindle has had a bit too many reboots for it's health and/or sanity ).
Umm... those two linux commands I posted above do *exactly* what you said to do. They should be in the RUNME.sh. They both do exactly nothing if the directory and file already exist, and require no additional manual steps by the user.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote