View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
And whilst we get into technically illegal.. it's worth noting that Kovid's wonderful libprs500 likely is illegal in the US.. and that his inclusion of "News" also violates the same "anti-derivative formats" that fanfiction violates.

So trust me, I know it's a grey area, if not a black area.. but when we convert formats we're technically in the same area. When we use Book Designer or similar products to output Sony's LRF files, we're infringing on trade secrets per the DMCA.

So let's not kid ourselves. My purpose here is not to break laws, but to easily facilitate the finding of good fiction in a sea of bad and to get it into a format where I can read it on my Sony Reader.

Yes, to get it on there, I'd use a program to convert it to LRF. Shady. I run Linux, so I use the same program to get it up to the reader. Shady. Let's not be too critical of our vices here
Redcard is offline   Reply With Quote