View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I don't know what you are using to put your book together but Calibre can convert ODT (Open Office) and TXT files into epub which will give you a big head start.

While going through my mother's papers, after she died, I discovered a folder of her poetry. My wife and I used notepad to transcribe it into digital form. I then used Calibre to convert the TXT file into epub and then edited it with Sigil using the title to create the TOC.

I began the project with some trepidation since I had no knowledge of the inner workings of epub or html, and I thought a style-sheet must have something to do with the fashion world. Since it is fairly logical it wasn't to hard. There are Internet hmtl tutorials, plenty of books you can dissect and a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum who are willing to help.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Regards - John
Writer 2 EPUB does it directly from OO
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote