View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #22
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
I am using Overdrive Media Console on my rooted Nook. First, after I downloaded it from the Market, I activated it (from my PC using Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit) with Adobe Digital Editions.

Overdrive books are in Adobe Epub format.

I then have download books from my local library - for example I am currently reading "The Spy" by Clive Cussler. I D/L the book to my PC and throw it in my Dropbox - when I open the book in Dropbox on the Nook Color, it automatically asks if I want to read it in the Overdrive Reader (i.e., the Overdrive Media Console) or in the BN reader - I choose Overdrive so I can read in landscape.

I suppose you could also use Dolphin browser on the Nook Color to directly D/L books (or to Dropbox) but I have not tried this yet - the way I'm doing it works well for me and is simple.

This also works with Overdrive audio books so you can D/L them to the Nook also.
OK, thanks for the explanation. A few of us were hoping to use the Overdrive app to access library books on the go without the use of a computer first. For instance, if I receive an email from my library informing me that a book is now available for checkout, if I'm not at my computer I can just use the Overdrive app to access my library account and download directly the rooted NOOKcolor. This functionality is supposed to be available, but it's not working.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote