View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't approve of authors dying before their series are finished. It's unprofessional.
LOL! That's the first thing I thought too

I think it's stupid to keep writing and writing and writing.... AND WRITING.... without an end in sight, especially if you're a bit older already. Up to this time, is has prevented me to read The wheel of Time and The Sword of Truth, because I'll be reading that has no ending (yet?).

Yes, it might keep readers coming back, but it may also wear them down. "Are we EVER going to see a conclusion?"

If one wants to write a long series, it would be best to do it in trilogies, making each trilogy one cohesive story, and finishing the trilogy in such a way that a reeader can either keep reading the next trilogies, or stop reading without having to wonder how it would all end.

So, in short:

- Approve if another writer finishes a series as not to leave readers hanging forever.
- Don't approve if a writer picks up the series and keeps going and going.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote