View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 01:46 PM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
And BTW, for those of you who use Wine, be aware that Wine only supports 32 bit apps.
Wine supports 32 & 64 bit programs on 64 bit Linux. Not only that, but in some cases if you don't set some environment variables, you ONLY get 64 bit application support. Unless you are talking about the totally broken MS concept of programs designed to run on the non-existent MS Phone as well as on surface and Desktop via tiles except of course there are two incompatible Surfaces (x86 family and ARM family). Almost all the phone models were ARM, because Intel never mastered low power at decent performance. The Atoms are mostly garbage and even deliberately crippled too with most of the 64bit ones physically limited to 2G RAM hence running 32 bit Win10, though 64 bit Linux is fine on them if. Some have 32 bit EFI which complicates 64 bit install.

There are almost no useful MS so called "Apps" anything useful is either an x86 or an x86-64 "program." The whole thing too of listing them separately on the Start menu is also nuts.

I'm only interested in Windows programs or legacy Applications with no Linux alternative, not Redmond's Kool-Aid fuelled absurd nonsense designed for the dead Windows Phone. It's a surprise to me if the tile based nonsense works at all on WINE and I can't think of a single one worth having. It's crazy the junk you can't now uninstall on Windows.

Last edited by Quoth; 06-05-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote