View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Perhaps someone could help me - I posted the book "Robert Helmont, Diary of a recluse" which was published in 1888. The Author (Alphonse Daudet) died in 1897. However the book is a translation prior to 1888 by Laura Ensor and was illustrated by Picard and Montegut (again prior to 1888).

The book is now in the "offline" section.

There is little point in my purging the book of illustrations if it is the translator who falls foul of the 70year limit, however I can find no biographical information about her or the illustrators.

I would expect people working before 1888 to be dead by 1947 but cannot prove it as all we have is a name for them and Google has not turned up anything.

How do I resolve this - is it a matter of if there is no clear evidence then it's assumed the book contravenes the 70+ limit or does someone know if it is the translator or the illustrator who was alive until 1947 ?

BobC

Last edited by BobC; 11-26-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Added authors name
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote