View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 03:05 AM   #5
HolyAura
Groupie
HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I didn't vote because I don't have a preference either way. My Kindles have flush screens, my Nook and my Libra have recessed screens. The screens are pretty similar on all of them (with the exception of the Voyage, which has a slightly sharper and whiter screen than my other readers).

I wouldn't say there's really any difference in screen quality of modern eink readers. They're all equally good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I didn't vote since there is not a "I don't care" option. I've used readers with both recessed and flush screens and I've don't have a preference for either. Given the same technology for the touch, I haven't seen any real difference in brightness or sharpness. The older IR touch screens had fewer layers so, in theory, could be sharper for the same screen resolution but I needed a loupe to see any differences.
So there is no particular difference between the two? Lighting and smudges equal amount? Hands won't slip off that easily?
HolyAura is offline   Reply With Quote