View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:00 AM   #12
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I noticed that "book in a window" effect at first also, but after reading for maybe a minute or so I stopped noticing it and have never been bothered by it in the month that I've had the 700 (reading between 45 and 60 minutes every day).

I found it very easy, just as I did with the 500 when I first got it, to stop focusing on the technological aspect and simply concentrate on the content and the reading experience, which I thoroughly enjoy.

And the 700's much improved (over the 500, anyway) handling of a larger library even when on a memory card is very nice.

I think the ability to get beyond the technological aspect of such devices and concentrate on the reading experience is an important one and not all of us can make that step as easily as others can, so I can understand your hesitation over the 700.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote