View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #226
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
There are a number of different jailbreaks. Please provide a link for the jailbreak that you used. You also need an ENABLE_DIAGS file (which you have) on recent 5.1.0 firmware (or use MfgTool to boot to diags). The data.tar.gz is only extracted in diags mode on the FIRST reboot, and the payload it deposits is executed on the SECOND reboot. You should reboot from the settings menu. A long power-hold reset does not always install things as you might expect.

DEVS: We need a smarter jailbreak payload that creates the missing log directory and file (so you can disable diags in the diags menu), and that also deletes ENABLE_DIAGS and does the idme and reboot commands, so the jailbreak instructions can be greatly simplified.
All reboots have been from the settings menu. I have rebooted from the settings menu several times (8 to 10 times) but still no diagnostics menu.

I'll look into the MfgTool to see if that helps.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote