View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #14
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh18 View Post
Ok! Managed the password (apparently was floating around this forum, ..seek and you shall find i guess..)

Now how do I make the USBNetwork Mode permanent! ??? (script??)

Going back to the original quest - I need to switch off the usb as a drive mode!
A popular option for the K4 is to add a line to iptables so you can always SSH in via Wi-Fi, as described in the wiki: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle4NTHacking

That is what I use. I have never taken the time to figure out how to use USBnet when booting from main, but I want to learn this. Does anybody have instruction for how to enable USBnet on a K4?

If so, we could add it to a startup script (which should look for a sentinel/trigger file on the USB drive, just like the USBnet hack for the K3).

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-22-2012 at 02:10 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote