View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Tracey
Connoisseur
Tracey is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi Magic,

I also took delivery of a PRS-505 from Play.com on Friday which is faulty. I know that "ghosting" on the screen technically isn't possible but that is the symptom mine has. I know that it is definately faulty as i already own one and bought this one for my partner.

I called Play.com and struggled to make their customer service person understand what i wanted to clarify about returning the item. Most questions were answered by her saying "read the email i have sent you" which isn't actually true as it did not. It did include the Returns Material Authorisation number which you must get before you return anything.

I am disappointed that i must return it at my own expense although i was assured this would be refunded if the fault is confirmed. More worryingly, i was told to use Recorded Delivery which is not the correct method for a valuable item according to the Post Office website; Special Delivery is the correct option as it offers compensation upto £2,500 where as Recorded Delivery on offers up to the value of 100 stamps!

I will let you know how the transaction goes but please make sure the option you use to return it to them includes cover for the item value.

Best wishes,

Tracey

Last edited by Tracey; 08-09-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote