View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 03:40 PM   #983
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Already a feature, the built in Book detail page shows only the columns that you check in preferences.
That controls what's shown in the book details panel that is shown to the left of, or underneath the book list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I want a variation of the built-in Book Details display, the one you get if you press ‘I’, or select Show Book Details from the Book List right click menu.
If the one you get when you press 'I' had a different name - e.g. Book Information - the confusion would be less likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You might want to follow the steps on this page to request an enhancement to the main program.
Already been done, albeit some time ago, somewhere in Library Management, and maybe at calibre bugs - Kovid wasn't interested, but said patches were welcome. A plugin would be better, because it wouldn't disturb the equanimity of those who are satisfied with what's there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If a column is empty, the Field (column title) does not appear on the details page (which is harder to spot since it is not there )
Precisely! Null is a valid value

I myself made a request (again some time ago) that an option to show empty fields be provided on the Book Details (Information) dialogue box, it too was rejected.

==================
I would add the following to Tanjamuse's suggestion:

That the non-modal Book Details (Information) dialogue box window be made dockable - as per the Quick View non-modal dialogue box window. Not sure if they could occupy in the same docking location - they could if they 'knew' how to coexist as tabbed panels, which may be part of the Qt dock widget furniture.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-28-2017 at 05:14 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote