View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #28
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
For the record: I'm not trying to get anyone to follow my lead. I don't really care if people ever fully embrace EPUB3 or not, to be perfectly frank. I just get tired of some of the "EPUB3 is the devil! It has no place in our eWorld!" attitudes expressed every time the topic comes up (I don't mean you @Tox). And I tire of the spread of unnecessary FUD surrounding EPUB3 as well.

The fact is: commercial EPUB3s are being sold by Kobo, B&N, Google Play Books, iBooks; and EPUB3s are being used as source for Kindlebooks. So there's no lack of device/app support for EPUB3. It's being "embraced" already. Maybe all the multi-media bells and whistles and features provided by html5/css3 aren't being supported, but who cares? They don't have to be utilized. It's not like every feature the standard allows needs to be used in every ebook in order to justify the standard's existence. Most ebooks don't leverage all that EPUB2 has to offer, either.

Use what you use/make what you make. At this point, open standards are just being turned into source code for other proprietary formats anyway.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-15-2017 at 09:10 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote