View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 02:37 AM   #153
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I found sort history in prefs backup, the last one is 'timestamp' (IIRC that's the internal name for 'Date' ). I think I might have temporarily shown and click sorted on Date several weeks/months ago when I 'lost' a newly added book.

I can't imagine why I would want an almost forgotten ad-hoc sort that I did months ago sticking its oar into what I'm doing now - perhaps others would.

If I could, I would toggle column click sorting off, as I've triggered it accidentally a few times when dragging or a resizing a column etc. I can do ad-hoc single column sorts with the Sort by feature in the booklist context menu.

I noticed the sort history in prefs_backup for my _Media library contains custom column names from my _Main library; such as #wordcount and #last_action_date. Those columns have never been my _Media library. Maybe I should remove sort_history from prefs_backup and rebuild the database.

I think the resetting of startup was happening if I did just about anything in View Manager. I noticed it whenever I went into config. I changed it back to Published and exited whilst in Author/Publisher View. When I started calibre, instead of being in the Published view I was in Author/Publisher view, and the Startup VM was set to *Last View used.

After reinstalling 1.3.2, I repeated the above steps, the Publisher view remains locked in as my startup View, irrespective of what view I was in when when I terminated calibre, just as it always has.

Added : Why don't you give Rellwood a nudge and ask him to try the new version, it was his idea to create new views from existing views. If needs be I can hack 1.3.2 and call it Booklist Manager

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-29-2016 at 03:00 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote