View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
esentpie
esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Ok, sorry for the language used in last post, I was totally disoriented. To make my issue more clear, I have figured out how to install optware packages without the ext3 image, the problem is that after each kindle restart (doesn't apply to updates) you need to log via ssh and make the rootfs writable, because the mntroot command doesn't work in myts. When I'm away from my home network I set up a portable hotspot on my phone to do it via android ssh client, then I mess with applications in myts. So yes, it's doable but I should definitely do it the other way for maximum usability... I tried chatting via irssi, it's fun but not for any long term usage. Also fun to hear that there is a new irc client.
esentpie is offline   Reply With Quote