View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
esentpie
esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.esentpie is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I can't actually hop back on the thread easily as I'm on a mobile phone, but if it says about the issue with rootfs being ro after each restart, then I actually worked it out by setting up a mobile phone hotspot, ssh'ing from phone to kindle, mounting rootfs rw (mntroot doesn't work from kindle's terminal) and then disconnecting and doing the all stuff on the kindle as usual. (I fixed the term type issue) Might try rtorrent at morning because of the k3's relatively big drive, as irc'ing from k3 is so inconvenient even if you learned the keymappings on terminal: c

Oh and I also think that I could make a launchpad shortcut for usbnetwork & mntroot to see if it works.
esentpie is offline   Reply With Quote