Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #87
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Ah come on, it is a bug in 2.4.0 that was not in 2.1.5. Just because it was also in a previous firmware (post 2.1.5) doesn't mean we should just ignore it, as Kobo seem to be doing.
I don't ignore it. I simply use a font (Charis SIL) which supports the characters I need (fact) and is very readable (personal opinion). If you check the Modified Font sticky, you'll find other fonts. As for the changes in the fonts, I don't know why Kobo changed the font files though I've read one message to the effect that it was a legal requirement to keep people from easily copying copyrighted fonts for use on other devices.

I've attached the file I use for font testing below. If italic, bold, bold-italic do not work and if all the characters do not show up correctly, I regard the font as being unusable and don't use it.

Regards,
David
Attached Files
File Type: epub Font Tester V2 - Ann Onymous.epub (3.9 KB, 376 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote