View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Thanks to everyone who responded. Since I experienced the problem after doing exactly what Jackie did without issue -- a drag and drop from my office PC to my 350 (as well as my Kindle) -- I'll try doing it all again.

Ardeegee: What you've said about "files becoming corrupted on [your] reader" is interesting, because this isn't the first time my 350 has refused to open a file. In other cases, the culprit was an ePub doc. downloaded with its mobi counterpart and, since the mobi file worked, I'd assumed the ePub was a bad conversion. Are you certain the corruption occurs on the device after the file has been sent there or did

Wetdogeared: I hadn't updated my 350's firmware because I understood that doing so would prevent me from trying PRS+ until that firmware gets updated.

No matter. If a second file transfer doesn't solve the issue and no other diagnostic steps occur to me (or others on this helpful thread), I'll probably update my 350 this weekend regardless. Enhanced features can't compensate for a moo-hanking eReader's inability to open books!
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote