View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #45
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtymer View Post
I like to read physics and some of my favorites are Hyperspace from Michio Kaku, The Elegant Universe and The Fabric of the Cosmos both from Brian Greene.
For those more inclined to biology On the Origin of Species is surprisingly easy to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I have not read Fabric though I loved his other...a favourite. How does it compare?

Cheers,
Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I don't think I can ever read anything by Michio Kaku again. BBC America has him on frequently as a commenter on anything even resembling physics and he is so DRAMATIC and ROBOTIC-LECTURE-STAGE-TALKING that I just can't take him seriously any more.
Michio Kaku and Brian Greene are two of my favorite science authors. Kenny, I don't recall if I've seen Kaku on TV. For all I know he may indeed come across as some sort of mechanical dramatist in person, but he sure has a flowing and engaging writing style.

Speaking of TV, did anyone see The Elegant Universe? I thought it was great, although it has to be kept in mind while watching it that string theory, however elegant, is still in the realm of theoretical speculation.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-26-2010 at 09:40 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote