View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #247
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
If the Calibre directory is inside the webdirectory (almost) all works as intended. (X-Sendfile NOT installed, .htaccess NOT edited for X-Sendfile, config_local.php edited for X-Sendfile)

If the Calibre directory is outside the webdirectory and I link to it with an absolute path (/home/...../Calibre):
- browsing works
- downloading does not work
(X-Sendfile NOT installed, .htaccess NOT edited for X-Sendfile, config_local.php edited for X-Sendfile)

If the Calibre directory is outside the webdirectory, I install X-Sendfile and I link to it with an absolute path (/home/..../Calibre)
- browsing works
- downloading works
- in Stanza small covers are visible, but the cover in the screen with the summary before you can download is NOT visible. Download works fine.
[This is with Debian Squeeze, with Debian Wheezy all works: for both - xsendfile.conf edited for path to absolute directory. Newest version X-Sendfile installed.]

Problems solved:
Debian Squeeze: by making a symlink so that the Calibre directory is inside the COPS directory.
Windows: making an alias to COPS directory outside the webdir. Calibre directory is inside COPS directory.

In previous versions of COPS I saw no (speed) difference between using X-sendfile and "location". I only have relatively small ePub files.

Just my observations. I like COPS!
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote