View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #17
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
rwhe,

If it was as simple as eliminating choices to provide elegance I could have spent a lot more time sleeping than compiling, testing, repeating while coding over the years...

My general take on things is that if you provide an "idiot" mode of basic settings and a verbose set of controls at a deeper level of the interface -with a reset to normal values function, you can please just about everyone except those with unrealistic expectations.
I never claimed lack of choice equalled elegance, although I might argue simplicity is necessary but not sufficient for the latter.

All I've ever meant to say in this thread is that you can't please everyone, so some people are going to get left out. You might even be one!

Some people have unrealistic expectations, and it's unrealistic to expect no one will.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote