View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #17
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Thanks. I was actually able to figure it out by checking the number of titles at each of my local libraries and knowing the approximate population statistic. Of course, I'd be more interested in the ratio between the number of titles/patrons (since not all the residents of any one city are likely to be library-card holders).

Got a good, general idea for my area, though.
That's basically what I did. Compare number of titles with population and potential library borrowers. As ereading develops more people will be drawn to Overdrive.

My suggestion was to check several library's wait lists and availability of titles you may be interested in before plunking down the cash. Paying $35 to join a waitlist of 147 for a book may not be reasonable but $40 for fewer or no waits may work better. Are titles added regularly? How many each month? Genres you enjoy?

In any case, make sure they will give you Overdrive access with a non-resident card. I've heard rumors that some may not.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote