View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #239
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Could you give me a hint as to which file I should start looking at?
Starting point for your task is board/imx50_yoshi/flash_header.S. Search for comment string:
Code:
/*=============================================================================
 *init script for codex LPDDR1-200MHz CPU board
 *===========================================================================*/
It's where Yifan Lu copied his code from. At first it's necessary to apply workaround for PLL meta-stability issue. It's an official bug (with no fix scheduled) and it's related to DDR. It's described in i.MX50 chip errata (search in Google for IMX50CE.pdf and then take a look at section ENGcm12051 at this document).

Then, there is Enable all clocks code, but, I believe, all clocks are already enabled in boot process (BTW, PLL1 is set up at 800 MHz automatically too). It's according to chapters 6.4.3, 6.4.4 and tables 6-5 and 6-6 from Reference Manual. But I can be deadly wrong.

And then there is a jump to DDR init code. Code is located at board/imx50_yoshi/ram_init.S. Search for label lpddr2_init: label mddr_init: at that source file (why mddr_init?).

(Well, I was wrong. DDR intialization is expressed through code, not DCD commands. But anyway, process of writing to registers is perfectly mapped to DCD capabilities. If you're interested, look at chapter 6.6.2 of Reference Manual).

Also, just to be clear, I was speaking about U-Boot from 5.1.2 sources.

Last edited by eureka; 09-26-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: it's mddr_init, not lpddr2_init
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote