View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
[Android App] Calibre Companion Wishlist?

Hi chaley,

The clue's in the title, is there a CC wishlist thread? I only just bought the app and I must congratulate you on a slick experience so far.

I anticipated connection problems - didn't have any

I thought CC was only useable whilst wi-fi was enabled on my phone. I now see that once the books are downloaded I don't need wi-fi enabled (I won't bore you with the details but our 'house rules' say that wi-fi over-the-air has to be disabled, except briefly, when absolutely necessary. Not to mention that in our house 3G is actually faster than wi-fi!).

I love the grouping/sorting abilities. My preferred reading apps are Mantano/ezPdf which CC handles easily.

Anyway, to the point of my post, if you do have a wishlist it would be nice to add these cosmetic requests for consideration:
  • ability to have all thumbnails the same shape/size - like the Sony device interface plugin
  • ability to show book lists as a 'gallery', i.e. larger thumbnails only, no text, but still in the specified order
  • for everything to work over 3G just as nicely as it does over wi-fi (OK this one isn't cosmetic )