View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #114
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Well Zenus case arrived Friday, and I’ve had the weekend to evaluate. My impression so far is that it looks beautiful, and fits my Note perfectly.

It holds the Note by using five little leather covered (plastic?) tabs to clamp on to the edges of the Note. They overlap the front of the note to just the edge of the screen, and hold it in very securely, but don’t interfere at all with the touch screen. The cover itself adds perhaps 6 mm to the thickness and perhaps a like amount to the width and height; so it still fits in my trousers pocket without being too bulky. The color is a bit lighter than I expected, but since the leather is quite soft, I’m sure it will darken and age beautifully with use.

I’m still not used to using my Note with a cover, and it takes probably an extra ring to answer a call. It has a magnetic clasp, and it would be nice if the magnet would hold the case open whilst folded back for use, but alas it’s not so and the strap dangles when the phone is in use; somewhat distracting. My other issue is that it won’t fit in my docking stations, so I have to take the phone out of the case while docked. I’m concerned that continually taking it in and out of the case will wear the leather on the clamping tabs, time will tell.

Bottom line, it’s a premium product for a premium price; and if the tabs hold up, well worth it!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote