View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #118
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Jon, I can only respond to what you write, not to what you imagine you mean. You said the kindle isn't a good fit for library books. If you don't qualify that statement, it's wrong, because it can be a great fit.
I'm not arguing that if library books and other ADE ePubs are one's primary need, then for several reason Kindle may not be a good fit. It very well may not be.
But it is for many of us.
Strictly speaking, not that I would have quibbled if you didn't bring it up, you can't do library books on Nook "as is" either, if that was indeed all we are talking about, as you need to download the ADE software separately. But it is officially supported, which I think is more to the point.

Try your own advice on not giving false information. Like this:
"And to be honest, as of right now, an iPad is the best overall device for reading eBooks."

To be honest, bull.
iPad, is a heavy, overpriced, battery-sucking, glaring, back-lit beast.
If the multiple apps overcome all that for YOU, swell, but how about acknowledging all those reason why another device...ANY other device... MAY be MUCH better for reading ebooks.

And another thing....I think the green Football II (pictured, that _I_ had) looks nicer than the original white one. So there!
I dont' think you get what he's saying the ipad is the best, which is true for overall buying from anywhere, think about it. nook app for BN, kindle app for Amazon, google ereader app, google books ( I think) ePub books.
as far the weight, the lcd and the overall functinality and features are debatable about it being the best but in terms of being able to buy basically anywhere, it's in the lead because of the nook app and kindle app.

also please Kindle owners cut the BS, you have to strip the DRM off of Library books that do not support mobi(which is basically the majority of them) please stop mis informing and misleading potential buyers that the Kindle works just fine with library books, not every does know how to strip and not everyone wants to strip drm off of books. It's very misleading and in fact getting frustrating.

Instead of misleading people of the work around, channel that energy to put pressure on Amazon to support ADE(ePub)

Last edited by boswd; 12-14-2010 at 12:58 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote