View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
mhikl
Enthusiast
mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod touch
Sigil Centre Image confusion

I've done my work searching this forum and I went to
"http://code.google.com/p/sigil/wiki/ProofreadingWithSigil" but still the problem persists.
It looks as though the steps have changed as I don't get the same "Code" in my document as is shown in the page link above.

Code —class="sgc-1"— does not centre the image in my Sigil document. It puts it to the left on my Sigil page and the same on my Stanza iPtouch epub.
Centring the image seems to give a -5 which centres it in my Sigil document but not on the touch.

My title is centred but the image and what follows looks centred but ends up on the left in Stanza.

A picky point, but I do like my Stanza docs to look good.

I think I have worked out all the kinks I had in other parts of my Sigil docs but this one has given me a twitch in my left eye and the dog won't come near me when she sees me at the computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Namaste and working to stay mindful.

Oh, another point. The only way I could get my Title Page with picture image and author's name under the image was to make a previous page with the title followed by a SGF chapter marker and a Chapter Break. Then the First Title Page appears as a blank on my Touch but the Second Title Page (my original TP) and its image followed by Author shows up. This is all very confusing. It would be great if when the book opens up in Stanza, instead of getting a blank page (the First Title Page) it would open up to a Title Page that has the Title, Image and Author's name. This may be a quirk with Stanza but I am very willing to take lashes with the responsibility if it is my error.
mhikl is offline   Reply With Quote