View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 10:38 AM   #31353
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Like you, I rarely use Store and it's absence isn't an issue, but I do use Mail which is actually pretty good these days.
I'll accept your word that Mail is actually decent now. I've used Gmail as my primary email address for years and have no reason to care.

Quote:
Apparently there are large numbers of people affected, so it's a bit surprising MS didn't pick up on this one before. It's uncertain what is causing it, and some people who have updated two machines have had one work and the other not. My update did fail first time round, then went through on the second try. Might be related?
Possible. I don't have enough information to even hazard a guess. (And in the context of the number of Win10 installations out there, "large numbers of people" might equate to "a drop in the bucket".)

A friend just upgraded a laptop from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro. MS's free upgrade offer is long since over, but if you downloaded the upgrade media when it was active, it still works. I was able to supply him with the Win10 Pro upgrade media (and a warning that it would take quite some time.) It worked, but did take a long time. (He went to bed and it was done when he awakened.) His next step is migrating the Win10 installation to SSD.

He also tried just the Accessibility update on another machine, but that install never completed. It just hung at 84% complete. (He has a visually impaired client who could use that stuff, and was installing to look it over.) He suspects a full Win10 Upgrade will actually work, but hasn't gotten to it yet.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote