View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
The Kindle menu doesn't have a "start reading" option, but just " go to toc" and "start at beginning." When I opened your new edition of Bleak House it opened at Chapter 1, which confused me. I had to backtrack to the book title, author's picture (which was what I was looking for to see how that had turned out), and toc. I'm guessing now it was responding to your second tag.

Since I don't especially want a book to open at the beginning text, I think the first one I try I'm going to omit that tag and see how it turns out. I'll try something without a picture, too.

Bleak House, by the way, looks terrific. I haven't read it in a while and I'll schedule it for an early re-read.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote