View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #16
Croker
Connoisseur
Croker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, obv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Calibre apparently isn't detecting the page breaks or the Chapters, otherwise it would be able to split up the file (or perhaps there is one really big chapter at some point).

Note that by TOC, I mean a formal ePub TOC (that ADE will display in a side panel) not an internal set of HTML links acting as a TOC. The latter is ok, but it may not necessarily help Calibre detect chapters.
Yes, but strangely enough, ADE is showing all the chapter titles in the side panel, too, in the same way as a formal ePub TOC. There's only one thing for it, I'll have to just connect up my Reader and give it a bash. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

EDIT: Ah, no, it doesn't work, as Kovid said earlier. You can copy the file across, but when you try to open it, it just says "Page Error!" and won't do anything else.

This is excruciating, to be honest - I'm on the verge of creating files in the format and style that I really want, and can't get them over to my Reader! Gnnnnngh!

Last edited by Croker; 03-17-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Croker is offline   Reply With Quote