View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #28
tedpeer
Enthusiast
tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: nook, iOs
This whole credit card number thing is so easy to fix. When you get a credit card, write the number on a piece of paper with the credit card company on it then (pick one):

1) tape it to the top edge of a door in your house. (Someone will need a step ladder or a mirror to read it).

2) Put it in page xxx of the Holy Bible in your bookcase

3) Tape it to the actual disc in an old floppy 1.44 mb diskette, so you have to move the metal slide to reveal it.

This isn't rocket science guys. If you don't want to store the credit card number on the computer, you have to keep a copy someplace. My wife lost her wallet. We had new cards issued. I wrote all over my old card that it was the CC# used in the B&N account and filed the card. No biggie.

That being said, I do understand that it can be a hassle to keep old card numbers around.

That is also why I strip any DRM on purchased items ASAP (on items that I can anyway) so I don't have to worry about a store closing (Fictionwise or original amazon ebooks, or Microsoft Reader (.lit)), or losing a credit card.

Ted
tedpeer is offline   Reply With Quote