View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 07:52 PM   #8
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
From a really quick scan, my guess is that (in the context of Sony and iRex owners) it's a gui application that uses the MS Word binaries to convert from any format that MS Word can read (like HTML, rtf, txt) into a pdf that is formatted to work on Sony Reader or Iliad. I didn't notice if the appropriate settings were clear in that thread or not, but am I close?
A little bit close

If "keep original format" is chosen in Settings, BD uses Word libraries to process some files. But not always, depending on the input file structure. For example, txt, pdf, and fb2 input files are always processed with the own BD converters.

However if somebody does not want to install MS Word, it is enough to check "re-format completely", and the files will be converted with the inner BD converters. But the initial formatting will be completely reconsidered. Sometimes it is better than with Word, sometimes worse...
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote