View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 10:04 PM   #15
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Dictionary.com:
Pugilism: "the art or practice of fighting with the fists; boxing."

I knew what that meant, I just knew that others wouldn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Heck, we're readers. I bet many here DO know what pugilism is. I won a game of Taboo once by knowing that.
Oh, I meant everyone but badgoodDeb, of course.

The context indicated that it might have something to do with boxing, but that's all that I could surmise. After reading your post, and re-reading mine, I realized that it might be related to "pugnacious," of which I know the meaning.

All of us are readers, but you've got to admit that that word is a little bit obscure, at least to Americans.

I'm glad that you won a game of Taboo with that word, but "pugilism" stinks as a Scrabble word--not a particularly great number of letters, and none of them have much value.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote