View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
The reason I use Calibre and not Kindlegen is because it easily converts the table of contents of my ePub. Using Kindlegen it doesn't and I find it so frustrating and difficult to add the ToC in that I give up.
It could be a problem with the way you have the TOC placed in the EPUB, or the way your toc.ncx is generated.

Do you have an inline TOC in your book? Perhaps you forgot to set it in the content.opf.

Here is the guide section out of a typical book that I generated in Sigil:

Code:
  <guide>
    <reference href="Text/cover.xhtml" title="Cover" type="cover" />
    <reference href="Text/TOC.xhtml" title="Table Of Contents" type="toc" />
  </guide>
Can only make educated guesses as to what the problem is without taking a look at the file directly, or knowing more information on what programs you are actually using to create the EPUB.

If you do open your EPUB in Sigil though, you can right click on your TOC in the Book Browser, Add Semantics -> Table of Contents. This will add that section above to the content.opf automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You can automatically generate an inline TOC with Sigil.
Although depending on the way the book is structured, its auto generation of the inline TOC might not work too well. Plus from what I understand, Kratos already has everything completed in this second edition of the book, just wanted to make a few changes and now Amazon is complaining (probably just enforcing their rules more strictly than when the book was first submitted).

All that aside though, Sigil is a great EPUB making program. Plus it makes it very easy and takes care of a lot of these annoyances.

As a side note, perhaps you should try to use the latest version of Kindle Previewer (a GUI frontend for Kindlegen, you can just drag and drop the EPUB onto Kindle Previewer and it will convert for you). Perhaps the latest version might handle your book better since last you tried it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000765261
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote