View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #51
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
Hi

Can you please explain in a bit more detail how you implement this "Style". Is is something in Calibre you just copy and past into the Extra CSS section of "Look and Feel" in "Convert Books". If so, do you make any other adjustments? I find that in "Look and Feel" if I tick "Remove spacing between paragraphs" and also in Filter Style Information tick Fonts and Margins (to "remove" them) then I can adjust most things to how i want them.

If not, where else do you make these adjustments?
I use Sigil to edit the epubs and either insert my custom stylesheet or replace the existing stylesheet.css file with my customized one. Each of the text files has the link to the stylesheet in the section between the <head> and </head> tags.

<head>
<title>Kai Lung Unrolls His Mat</title>
<link href="../Styles/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>

After this, I use search and replace to change the body, paragraph and other tags as needed.

I've used Calibre for some stuff but I find it too limiting in terms of what I want to do. Sigil gives me the power to make the ebooks look the way I want them to look. After some practice, it takes an average of 15 minutes for me to do my restyling of an ebook. Since I use fixed margins, line spacing, paragraph spacing, etc. the Kobo settings have little effect so I seldom need to use them for sideloaded books.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote